Special Rapporteur Reports on Surveillance and Privacy
The Special Rapporteur (SR) to the Commission on Human Rights and Human Rights Council on the promotion and protection of the right to freedom of opinion and expression submitted a report on the implications of “surveillance of communications on the human rights to privacy and to freedom of opinion and expression.”
The full report (A/HRC/23/40) is available in English.
The 20th session of the Human Rights Council begins
The Human Rights Council is an inter-governmental body within the United Nations system made up of 47 States responsible for the promotion and protection of all human rights around the globe.
Information and documentation on for the current session is available at: http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/RegularSessions/Session20/Pages/ListReports.aspx
Sessions reports are available at: http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/Pages/Sessions.aspx
Report of the Human Rights Council
The Report of the Human Rights Council to the General Assembly is now available (A/66/53). Issued as Supplement no. 53 to the Official records of the General Assembly, the report covers sessions held in 2010 and 2011.
Security Council - Syria draft resolution vetoed
The draft resolution on Syria, S/2011/612, tabled during the Security Council meeting late yesterday afternoon was not adopted due to negative votes by two permanent members, China and the Russia Federation. Read the press release about the meeting.
Security Council Documents
Human Rights Council Documents and Information
- Resolution S-17/1 (as contained in draft A/HRC/S-17/L.1) adopted by 17th Special Session (23 August)
- 17th Special Session on the “Situation of Human Rights in the Syrian Arab Republic”
- Resolution S-16/1 adopted by the 16th Special Session on 29th April 2011
- 16th Special Session on the “Situation of Human Rights in the Syrian Arab Republic”
- Report of the Fact-Finding Mission on Syria
UN Member States on Record
Non-UN Resources on Syria
- What’s in Blue Insights on Syria