World of Work Report 2012.
According to the International Labour Organization (ILO), the just released flagship report titled World of Work Report: Better jobs for Better Economy provides a comprehensive analysis of recent labour market and social trends, assesses risks of social unrest and presents employment projections for the next five years.
The report addresses the following questions:
• To what extent has the slow recovery aggravated social conditions, including falling incomes, deepening poverty and worsening inequality?
• Have countries gone too far, too fast with fiscal consolidation? How should they support recovery while meeting fiscal goals in the medium term?
• What can be expected from recent labour market reforms?
• How can investment be boosted so as to ensure a long-lasting recovery in both the economy and jobs?
• What have been the barriers to implementing a more job-centred and equity-enhancing policy approach? Why has the business-as-usual scenario maintained its centrality despite the increasing risk of social unrest?
The full report is available in English pdf format.